Reframing Autism is recruiting!
We are looking for an Australian-based Autistic administrative assistant to support our growing organisation.
Benefits of working for Reframing Autism:
- Autistic-led organisation working to create change for the Autistic community,
- Working from home arrangement,
- Flexible working hours, and
- Your Autistic needs met (we will work with you to determine how you perform best and to try to meet your sensory, executive functioning and communication needs).
Brief job description
The role is for 8 hours per week, with the potential for additional ad hoc hours for project work (negotiable with the right candidate), and will include:
- Checking and responding to emails, FB messages and phone calls,
- Uploading content to our website,
- Maintaining RA’s calendar,
- Maintaining RA’s subscriber and Autistic contacts lists,
- Scheduling appointments,
- Maintaining RA’s online filing and backup systems,
- Preparing documents and basic design using established templates,
- Organising team travel,
- Transcribing videos for captioning,
- Liaising with contractors and potential contractors, and
- General organisation and staff support.
Necessary skills and attributes:
- Excellent written communication skills, including impeccable literacy skills, comfortable with phones, and the ability to communicate in various ways to support the team’s and the community’s communication needs,
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, multitask, and solve problems,
- Attention to detail and analytical thinker,
- Ascribe to the Reframing Autism values of respect, accept, embrace, empower, and gentle influence, and
- Willing to work in a team, learn new skills, and take instruction.
Desirable but not necessary skills:
- Experience in an administration role,
- Understanding of WCAG Guidelines and web accessibility, and/or
- Knowledge of Zoom, SalesForce, TaskRay, CANVA, OneDrive and MS Office, WordPress, Amara, and/or Loxi.
If you live in Australia and would like to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), you can do so by emailing Sharon (email@example.com) by Friday 10 July 2020. Sharon will send you some questions to answer, but you can answer them in any way you please (for example, through a video, or in writing, in a phone call or audio recording). We look forward to hearing from you!